The Bavarian Natural History Collections (SNSB) intends to enhance the team at the SNSB IT Center starting by 2019, September 1st with a
Computer Scientist (Informatics) (f/m/d)
in part-time (50 %), position temporarily limited until 2021, September 30th
The Bavarian Natural History Collections (Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns, SNSB) are a research institution for natural history in Bavaria, directly assigned to the Bavarian Ministry of Science and Art. The Information Technology Center (SNSB IT Center, www.snsb.info) is the institutional repository for scientific data of the natural history collections and museums belonging to the SNSB. Its major tasks focus on the management of bio- and geodiversity data using different kinds of information technological structures. It also comprises research activities in the field of biodiversity informatics and the implementation of generic open source information technology like easy-to-use working environments for handling scientific data.
In this context we will implement a „Progressive Web App (PWA)“ for interactive identification of organisms and other objects in natural sciences using descriptors (parameters).
- Concept development for an offline-first mobile web application in cooperation together with the team of software developers at the SNSB IT Center
- Interoperability with Diversity Workbench software (www.diversityworkbench.net) and PostgreSQL-databases
- MSc degree in informatics or a comparable domain
- Experience in HTML5-programming
- Interest in topics of biodiversity-, eco- and environmental informatics
- Distinct capacity for teamwork and reliability
- Good knowledge of German language
- Experience with use of Angular or a similar framework for building web applications
- An interesting and diversified workplace in the public service
- Advantages held by an employee of Freistaat Bayern
- Payment according to „Entgeltgruppe 13 Tarifvertrag der Länder (TV-L)“
- An innovative team with Diversity Workbench developers, computer scientists, biologists and geoscientists as data scientists.
Are you interested?
Prospective applicants should submit a complete application with cover letter, curriculum vitae and certifications until 2019, August 25th.
Further information on the project can be requested from Frau Dr. Dagmar Triebel, Tel. 089 17861-252.
Applicants with handicaps are preferred, if otherwise equally profiled. To raise the percentage of women in science we are particularly interested in applications of womenPlease note that your application papers will not be returned. Travel expenses for the journey to a possible interview will not be reimbursed.
A first contract will be until 2021, September 30th, but subsequent employment is envisaged.